10 December 2009

Gift Wrap to Gift Tag

Today's project makes use of the little sheets of gift wrap left over from wrapping presents. You can also keep this in mind for all the paper on Christmas morning, when the gifts have been opened.

Instead of throwing these away...

...turn them into something useful!

All you need are a pair of scissors, cardboard & glue.

Pick a character from the gift wrap, glue it on the cardboard and allow it to dry. Then cut around the cardboard.

Tada! Instant gift tags!

These cut-out Santas were attached to folded index cards decorated with scrap paper. A white pompom on Santa's hat and a punched corner looped with silver thread are the finishing touches.

Frosty the Snowman's look was jazzed up, too -- a polka dot ribbon "scarf", a felt nose and felt buttons make him a jolly, happy soul!

Simply write a message at the back of this tag and add to a gift. No need to get store-bought gift tags!

18 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! Really good way to use the wrapping! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Curious Cat! Thanks for saying hi today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snowman is sooo cute! Leave it to you to turn trash in to something adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, Claire! I'm really liking your gift tag ideas! They're REALLY cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Claire, your comment made my day. Thank you so much... I really needed to hear that.
    Your blog is adorable, by the way. You have great ideas!

    Always,
    Ellie Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness--Brilliant! I think I'll be back soon for more great ideas. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello & welcome to my blog milk Tea + Polka Dots, Ellie Grace and ThisLovelyCity! Thanks for saying hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!! It's easy to just toss the paper, but these are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are way cute gift tags! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Abbie! There will be a lot of wrapping paper that will be thrown out during the holidays but image all the cute cards you can make out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot Jess! I hope you can make some yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great idea!

    I don't have anything left over from last year because I moved countries, but I will definitely save all the scraps from this Christmas to do craft activities next year.

    I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww Reese, thanks so much! I'm happy you'll save all the gift wrap this year...I'm sure you'll be making very cute cards :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH heck yeah. I am crafty after all. I've been doing this for years. My mama taught me that little trick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay Kristin! Cheers to you and your Mama!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!