29 December 2011

Asking for a Sign


If you've been reading my posts since the start of the week, you already know my year-end craft project. If you just tuned in, I made a charm bracelet:

I used some beads, invisible string and gold clasps.

In between the beads, I added some gold-toned charms, each one whispering a tale of what my 2011 was like.

It was generally a peaceful year marked with the passing of loved ones and a few health issues. How can I call my year "peaceful" even with tragedy? I could have easily anointed this year as "terrible" or "a year I would like to forget", but I am accepting that everything can't be shiny, happy 24/7.

I'm deeply spiritual and would like to uphold hope and faith in my life. But sometimes, it isn't easy. Especially when I'm afraid or worried or upset. Then I pray. I asked God for a sign that everything will be alright. He spoke loud and clear.

God showed me a rose. Not just one, but many in different forms -- fresh ones at the deli, a sculpture at a museum, a design on a stained glass window, an ad in the newspaper. Then I read this passage from the Bible {Isaiah 41: 10,13}:

Do not be afraid - I am with you!
I am your God - let nothing terrify you!
I will make you strong and help you;
I will protect and save you.
I am the Lord your God;
I strengthen you and tell you,
Do not be afraid; I will help you.
And that's why I have this rose on my bracelet -- it's a reminder of God's reassuring love.

2 comments:

Your comments are very much appreciated!