26 December 2011

My Year in Review


I hope you all had a beautiful Christmas!

It's the last week of 2011 and I always get
nostalgic at this time of year.

My 2011 was a quiet ride on the highway
but with a few rattling bumps along the way.

To mark the significant events of my 2011,
I crafted this bracelet.

I made it out of inexpensive charms...

...and a string of beads.
{I happen to like black accessories,
thus the color}

Everyday this week, I'll tell you the story
behind each charm.
The first charm is for my father-in-law, Daddy Y.
Sadly, we lost him in March.

I chose a set of golf clubs & a golf ball -- he was
an avid golfer. Everyday I think of him and miss
his hearty laugh, generous heart, zest for
living and inspiring courage.

If you've experienced death in a family,
you know that it leaves a
hole in your heart.

While we miss him dearly, we
know that Daddy Y is in good
company and winning many
rounds of golf up in heaven.

See you again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!