17 October 2012

A Baker's Dream

It's a week of wishes! I'm making a few vision boards to keep me focused on the things I need to learn/improve/pursue. I feel that pictures that match my "To Do"  list helps me aim for the prize. 

Today's theme is "baking". I'm fond of baking and I like to decorate and package these homemade goodies. I think this is an act of affection and any expression of thoughtfulness is TADA! 

It's been months since I last baked anything. Life just seems to take over. But since friends' birthdays and the holidays are fast approaching, it's time to take out the flour and sugar, plus a few items to get me excited:

Kitchen Wish List

1/2/3/4/5


These cookbooks (1,2) are filled with old-fashioned recipes for comforting cakes. I already know they taste as wonderful as they look. The KitchenAid stand mixer is one of the best wedding presents anyone can ever receive. Adding a paddle attachment with a built-in scraper (3) will help make mixing extra easier {no need to scrape the bottom of the bowl with a spatula}. If you're into decorating cakes, cookies or cupcakes with different colors of frosting, this icing bag stand (4) keeps everything organized. And finally, if you are a fan of brownies, especially the crisp, fudge-y edges, this baking pan (5) was made for you! 

If you want your cakes to go from blah to TADA!, you'll find a few cake decorating ideas here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Claire I love to bake and I love that brownie pan! Now on my wish list too:) Some time ago I ordered that kitchen aid paddle but had to send it back as it did not fit my bowl.
    Just back from the east coast, the fall colors were fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty! I missed you. I hope you had a fabulous and restful vacation! Thanks for the tip about the KitchenAid paddle -- I'll remember that when I finally buy one. :)

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!