24 January 2013

The Simple Life

Today, I'd like to feature a few more things I discovered while leafing through the January issue of Martha Stewart Living. I adore these because of their functionality, beauty of design, eco-friendliness and how they transport us back to a simpler time.

via bowlovers
This product started with a blah problem: how to store left over food. The TADA! solution: using clean shower caps to cover serving bowls.  The idea evolved to BowlOVERS, which are made of cloth with an elastic edge. They fit different sized bowls, can be washed and used over and over again.

via bowlovers
 The only problem? I can't choose between the gingham or white with messages.

via welcome companions

How cool would it be to have this cart for trips to the laundromat, the park or the beach? The detachable canvas bag doubles as a backpack that can be used independent of the cart. I'm drooling over the Tiffany blue color, too!

via welcome companions
Now for a more macho version -- how about this wagon? Whether you take it to the farmer's market or playground, a few envious stares and compliments are soon to follow. 

via farmhousewares
Here's a retractable clothesline that I'd like to attach to my bathroom. It'll be useful to dry my delicates and clothing that have to be washed immediately because of accidental stains.

via Ancient Industries
If I had my own laundry room or a backyard for that matter, here's something that would be a welcome addition. It's a drying rack that works on a pulley system. Use it to dry large sheets like blankets and curtains or smaller hand wash-only pieces of clothing. And since it's attached to the ceiling, it can easily be pulled out of the way when not in use. 

Doing things the old school way, while requiring some hard labor, is a step of kindness for Mother Earth. Isn't that blah to TADA!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!