18 October 2013

A Chalkboard Vase

Today, I have a final chalkboard craft to share.

I'm turning this bottle from blah to TADA! by making it into a chalkboard vase.

After removing the label and cleaning the bottle, I put a strip of tape around its belly. Then I painted on three coats of chalkboard paint {with a one-hour drying time in between, and letting it fully dry overnight}. 

I gently removed the tape, hoping for a clean line. But the paint would cling to the tape as I peeled it off, thus the jagged edges. Oh well, it adds a homemade touch.

Because it's October, Breast Cancer Awareness month, I'm dedicating this craft to all those affected by Breast Cancer. 

I would fill my chalkboard vase with blooms and refill it often. I hope the words I write on it with chalk will tell my loved one battling the disease that we're here for her.

I would also send flowers to the primary caregivers because it's their battle, too. Emotionally and physically. 

And to all who fought the good fight, especially my dearest Auntie A and Auntie E, you will always be loved and remembered.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!