02 December 2009

Holiday House

It was just Thanksgiving last week and I was thankful for an abundant table. I was even more thankful for a dessert table overflowing with pies, cakes, mousse, pudding and cheesecake! There were a lot of left-overs which the guests got to take home. There were also left-over boxes like this one:

I found the orange & white stripes adorable so I thought, "Why not turn this blah into a Tada!?"

The bottom and sides were free of any logos...perfect for crafting! After cleaning off the icing, measuring, cutting, gluing and decorating...

Tada! I've got a colorful cardboard house to hang on my tree!

13 comments:

  1. Wow! This one is really amazing. Thanks so much for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks oh so much Sooz, RedRedCompletelyRed and Curious Cat! Have a fun day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because of you I have been saving bottles and packaging and whatnot like a crazy woman. I've gotta get to using them this holiday season and make some decorations with my kids or I'm going to be like Sara Cynthia Silvia Stout who would not take the garbage out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan! Your comment really made my day! There is indeed treasure in trash :) Looking forward to see all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is so sweet! Just right for hiding that special little gift inside! I love it!
    Thank you so much for all these little treasures! Now, I just have to find the time to get some made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I'm LB. I have no idea how I stumbled upon your blog, but I am so glad I did. Your eye for seeing things in a different way is amazing!

    Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there Lindsey, Alice in Wonderland and LizzieBeth (welcome to my blog)! Sending you hugs and thanks for your very sweet comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a bunch Becky & Darling Savage! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!