23 July 2010

Bathed in Silver


If you checked out my blog this week,
you've seen how I transformed old necklaces
into new necklaces.

I have to say, it was a lot of fun!

I still have a few beads left over from the
original batch.

However, I changed their color with
a few coats of silver paint!

Tada! Just add the good-as-new beads to a
silver chain & it's a new necklace!

Here's a closer look.

Using the same paint, I brought color to the smaller beads, too.
I poured some paint into a cup, added the beads,
swirled them around with a skewer & let these
dry on a piece of cardboard.

Once dry, I assembled a new piece
using needle & thread:

Tada!

A brooch works as the closure mechanism &
delivers some contrast & shine.

Here's another necklace, albeit
a simpler one.

Add a favorite pendant like this
pearl ball, your birthstone, an initial
or a religious medal for daily protection.

Have a superb weekend!


16 comments:

  1. I don't know about week end... but these necklaces are sooooooooooo SUPERB!!! I love the one with a touch of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your enthusiasm Melafragola! Thanks a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all.How do you do this!Think of new things to make every single day!I have so many necklaces,never wear them.So tempted to do what you are doing but so scared that I will mess up.:-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sumi! The good thing about this week's project is you can try and see if you like it. If you don't, undo and try again! And if you're tired of the look, you can always make a new one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh the one version with the pink brooch is absolute yumminess i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire-

    I always love all of your projects, but I found a new tip in one of your photos. When painting beads I string them on wire. Putting them on skewers is so ingenious. I am hitting my head saying - " Why didn't I think of that".
    Have a nice weekend.
    My best- Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute stuff!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howdy Nuit! Thanks for being so supportive with all my crazy projects! :)

    Hello Diane! I'm so glad to be of help! :)

    Thanks for stopping by also, Ashley!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such an inspiring post! i love these pieces.

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  10. Claire, I loved all the projects you carried out this week...I love playing around with beads too...you've inspired me to get out that ol' craftbox once again! Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there Alison & GB! Thanks a bunch for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi claire: Love the post. what a great idea to change the color. That would've never crossed my mind. i loved the one with the pink broach. i could totally rock that. thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're too talented my dear! .-)))

    Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed reading your comments Miss Marketing Genius and Reese! Hope you'll be able to transform your old jewelry some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi Claire, thanks so much for stopping by my blog! yours is so fun and these pieces came out great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Jen! Welcome to my blog & thanks so much for taking a peek :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!