29 July 2010

Sharing a Cup of Tea


At the start of every month, I have the pleasure
of sending out a postcard to somebody I haven't met,
sometimes from across the world.

In the same month, I find a postcard in my mail box, too!
It's always a pleasant surprise.

It's a commitment we've made as members of the

When we started out last September, I would send out
postcards from my collection that I bought from
different trips. But when I saw how some members
were being creative by making their own postcards,
I had to step up my game!

I wasn't being competitive.
It was a great excuse to do some blah to TADA!

Here's one of the postcards that I made:

Blah: a gift card envelope from Crate & Barrel.

Blah because it's now empty.
I've maxed out the gift card to get this!

Not wanting to waste the envelope, I gave it
a little make-over.

TADA! I spruced it up with felt & embroidery.

And I enclosed a few tea bags.

Then I wrote a cheerful note & mailed it.

I hope Becky from Canada enjoyed the tea!


17 comments:

  1. Thanks Alison! I hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this one is soooooo perfect!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so cute =) and bright in colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you Marta & Holly! I want to share an iced tea with you if I could :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! cup of tea so cute
    Thanks for your visit to my blog
    :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, what a special, lovely postcard! did it need extra postage?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great postcard! Send tea it's a great idea!
    Thank you for your visit and your sweet comment!
    I don't know if it's intentional but, you don't have a public mail link to your blog so, I couldn't answer directly by gmail (your message came as 'non-reply').

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jen! Yes, I had to slip it into an envelope and pay extra postage :)

    Thanks Justine for visiting!

    Hi Miss Papgena! I'm enjoying the crafts you've been making :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative, this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Stephanie! Thanks so much for visiting! It was such a pleasure to meet you last night :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!