25 May 2011

Slow Roasted


Here's a pretty cool cookbook I borrowed
from the library:
The great Gwyneth Paltrow has reinvented herself yet again.
From Oscar-winning actress, to wife and mother, blogger,
to singer performing on Glee, the Country Music Awards
and the Grammy's no less, she now has AUTHOR
tucked under her belt. Talk about superwoman!

My Father's Daughter is a memoir sharing her relationship
with her father, the late director Bruce Paltrow, from
which she learned everything about food. It's also a
cookbook where she provides healthy recipes
for her family.

Flipping through the pages, I feel like a voyeur,
getting a close-up look on what Gwyneth would
prepare for dinner tonight or for a party.

Most recipes are easy, don't require a lot
of ingredients and based on the stuff I've
tried making, are pretty tasty.

I was happy to see an abundance of
tomatoes {and only $0.99 a pound!} at
the supermarket last Sunday.
This is an indication that summer's here!
I just had to buy some to make
Gwyneth's Slow-Roasted Tomatoes.

Here's what you do:

Cut the tomatoes in half, rub with olive oil
and sprinkle with salt. Lay these on an
oiled baking sheet and place in a
preheated 275 degree oven.
Roast for 3-5 hours.

You know they're done when they look
like sun dried tomatoes {flat & shriveled}.
Make sure to take a whiff of their
caramel-scent -- so yummy!

Store in an air-tight container with
some olive oil. And because it's
all about recycling on my blog,
I used an old, blah jam jar that I
cleaned and sterilized.

If you add a tiny fork {secured to the jar with
a ribbon or kitchen twine}...

...and a label {plus points for name-dropping},
TADA!, you now have a perfect hostess gift!


7 comments:

  1. Don`t really know who is the superwoman here.... I think is you! I mean it! Your ideas are wonderful and you are so kind to share them : ) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too kind Demie! I'm happy to share all these ideas that I hope many people can use! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh myyyyyy yum! I want to buy that book so bad. I love Gwen! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Caroline! I hope your fairy godmother sends you Gwyneth's book right away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow. That is wonderful! You are just so full of goodies. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool!! I love gwyneth and anything she does! amazing recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!