04 July 2011

A Flea Market in Toronto


Happy Monday and Happy Fourth of July!

This week, let's take a little break from crafting.
Instead, let's do some traveling and shopping.
I bet you'd like that!

First stop, Toronto.

I've been to Toronto a few times and whenever
I'm there, I like to pop into St. Lawrence Market.
It's a little paradise for food lovers with prepared
Canadian specialties, fresh produce, meats &
seafood, baked goods, cheese & wine,
kitchen equipment, art and souvenirs.

On Sundays, just across the market,
must-see for treasure-hunters like me.

Browsing the market is a lot of fun.

There are so many unique things
that will call your attention.

This table absolutely lured me in.

Here's what I bought:

It's a dainty creamer made in England.
I love the pale blue color, gold accents and
delicate flowers painted on it.
I paid six Canadian dollars for this baby.

I've been finding many uses for it.
For today, it holds within it an orange marmalade
sauce for my morning crepes.

It turns something so simple into something very special.

Have a fun day everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I live in Toronto and absolutely love St Lawrence market. They have Toronto's best cuts of meat and produce!
    Everyone is willing to cut a deal and you can rent the upstairs for large events!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley! Thanks for coming by today. I already miss this market. You are a lucky girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!