18 September 2013

Strawberry Jam and Scones

Well hello there! Yesterday, I tried my hand at making some strawberry jam. It was quite effortless with only three ingredients, no cooking and no jar sterilization involved. 

Here's what the jam looks like after I let it sit in the fridge. 

I'm pretty happy with the thickness and how strawberry pulp peeks through the gel.

It was luscious on the the tongue, but I found it a little too sweet for my taste {I wonder, for the next time I make it, if it's possible to decrease the amount of sugar without the consistency being affected}.  

With the heightened sweetness factor aside, it was full-on strawberry flavor!

Strawberry jam served on some homemade scones {made by my husband!}.  Of course we didn't forget the clotted cream and the cup of tea.

This brought us back to our trip to the Cotswolds last year...a TADA! memory in our book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!